The North Eastern Community Hospital is happy to welcome and introduce to you:
Dr Chathurinie Aluthwala
Dr. Chathurinie Aluthwala is a private practice Consultant Physician in general medicine in Adelaide.
Dr. Aluthwala completed her medical degree in Sri Lanka and migrated to Australia in 1998. Since then she has worked in teaching hospitals in Gosford, Newcastle and South Australia. She has also travelled to Queensland, rural South Australia, Western Australia and rural New South Wales for locum practices in the field of general medicine as a Physician.
In addition to inpatient and outpatient consulting, she also provides a perioperative medicine service to medically complicated surgical patients.
Her special interests include but not limited to:
- Undifferentiated undiagnosed medical problems for diagnosis
- Multiple medical problems in one patient
- Cardiorenal syndrome
- Cardiovascular diseases such as heart failure, atrial fibrillation, chronic ischemic heart disease and resistant hypertension.
- Renal failure and associated complications for medical management.
- Metabolic syndrome
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Endocrine diseases such as Diabetes Mellitus and Osteoporosis thyroid and parathyroid problems.
- Perioperative optimization of patients with medical problems.
- Polypharmacy for rationalizing medications.
- Respiratory and Rheumatology problems
- Primary and secondary prevention of metabolic syndrome related complications.
Dr Aluthwala will bulk bill for patients with a pension or health care card.
Dr Aluthwala is also starting a new clinic on Wednesdays at Specialist Medical Centre, 71 Kensington Rd, Norwood (P: 08 8332 4844).