Dr Shekhar Sharma has 19 years’ experience. He can assure you of the quality of care that he can offer after being trained initially in India and subsequently again in Australia. After completing his FRACS, he has pursued post fellowship experience in laparoscopic and colorectal surgery which are his areas of interest and niche. Dr Sharma strongly believes in “Ethical & Quality Care in a Team” of which the GP are an important part along with the patient.
Dr Sharma is very active academically and has numerous publications to his credit. His academic accomplishments include “Prof Derek Frewin AO Citation in Clinical Teaching” from Adelaide University where he also holds the position of Senior Clinical Lecturer in Faculty of Health Sciences.
His colleagues appreciate being able to approach him any time, team player and calm demeanor in stressful situations. Patients appreciate him for simple, concise and inclusive discussions. Most importantly, both his colleagues and patients, appreciate him for clear, comprehensive and timely communication.
Dr Sharma offers his patients services in:
- Elective General Surgery (Lap Cholecystectomies, Lap hernia repair, Carpal Tunnel Release, Skin lesions, breast & other lump & bumps)
- Diagnostic Scopes (Colonoscopy & Upper GI endoscopy)
- Colorectal (Lap and open; benign & malignant; diverticular disease; polyps)
- Pelvic floor (Incontinence, rectal prolapse, haemorrhoids, fissures and fistula, sacral nerve modulation)
- General Abdominal (Lap & open; inguinal hernia, Complex incisional hernia and component separation surgeries)
- Miscellaneous – including emergency procedures (abscesses, hernia, appendix, node/muscle/artery biopsies)
In his personal life, he likes to spend time with family including his wife, who is training in Intensive care, his two daughters and a “four-legged daughter” – a German shepherd who is also the most mischievous.