The North Eastern Community Hospital’s state-of- the- art endoscopy suite offers many endoscopic procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic. Our unit offers the following services:
- General gastroenterology
- Bowel cancer screening program
- Gastroscopy / Colonoscopy/ Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- Iron Infusions
- Oesophageal dilatation
- Argon Plasma Coagulation
- Therapeutic procedures
Our experienced visiting specialists and dedicated nursing staff can assist with making these procedures as comfortable as possible.
The best way to access the Gastroenterology Unit is via the main ramp on the first floor of the hospital located between the Aged Care facility and the hospital.
Hepatobiliary Specialist Centre
Located on site at the North Eastern Community Hospital is a Hepatobiliary Specialist Centre, which is dedicated to providing care for patients with diseases of the pancreas, gall bladder, liver and biliary tract. It is the first of its kind in the north-eastern region of South Australia.
The Hepatobiliary Specialist Centre was established by specialist gastroenterologist, Dr Nam Nguyen, and hepatobiliary surgeon, Dr C P Tan.
Together with the state-of-the-art endoscopic unit, including Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) & Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) and the upgraded surgical high dependency care, this service is able to provide a “one-stop-shop” assessment and treatment for most hepatobiliary disease.
Patients with the following are suitable to be referred to our service:
- Abnormal liver enzymes
- Liver mass or suspected cancer
- Diseases of the gall bladder and bile duct
- Biliary stone related diseases
- Pancreatic mass or cystic lesion
- Family history of pancreas cancer or pancreatitis
- Enlarged lymph nodes in upper abdomen or chest
Procedures available through this Specialised Service are:
Endoscopic Therapeutic Procedures:
- Endoscopic ultrasound and related interventions
- Endoscopic mucosal resection of polyps and early mucosal tumours
- ERCP and interventions including :
- Endoscopic Sphincterotomy – CBD stone removal
- Biliary or Pancreatic stent insertion
- Biliary or Pancreatic stricture dilation
To make an appointment for the Hepatobiliary Specialist Centre please call 0426 827 749.