CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR VISITORS AND PATIENTS
NECH has updated its visitor restrictions, effective from 5 August 2021:
A Self-Check Station is located at Main Reception and all visitors and staff be required to sign in or perform the QR phone scan upon entry.
Masks are required to be worn at all times.
- One visitor per patient at a time.
- Visiting hours 11am – 8pm.
Restrictions to visitors in the wards will be as follows:
(i) Maternity – One nominated support person and any siblings of the infant;
(ii) Steele – One nominated support person;
(iii) Theatre/Gastro – One nominated support person – must wait off premises or the hospital main reception area whilst patient having procedure.
Physical distancing in hospital is now 1 person per 2 square metres.
Meetings on site can commence provided the 1 person per 2 square metre rule is adhered to.
To ensure compliance with the new restrictions and to continue to keep the NECAC community safe from transmission, the following visiting arrangements are in place:
- Visiting hours will be 11:00am-7:00pm and screening stations will be in use
- All visitors to the aged care home will wear masks that cover their mouth and nose at all times while in the home
- All visitors must have received the 2021 seasonal influenza vaccination and have provided evidence of the same to us
- All visitors must adhere to the one person per 2 square metres social distancing restriction
- To comply with social distancing, only two people may visit a resident at any one time
- Visitors may swap over but there can only be one resident and two visitors in a bedroom at any time
- No visitors can enter a communal area (dining room, kitchen) or congregate in corridors
- Please use the resident’s call bell for staff assistance
- External outings may resume but notice in writing is required and there can only be a total of 10 people in a private home gathering which includes the resident