NEW COVID-19 PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
AT NECH we take very seriously the safety and welfare of our patients, residents and staff, which is why we have introduced new COVID-19 precautionary measures designed to keep our community safe. These measures are reviewed and updated regularly. The precautionary measures now in place at NECH are:
- All entrances apart from the hospital main entrance and aged care side entrance (Campbell Wing) are locked. The radiology entrance is open for radiology patients only.
- All hospital and Payneham Wing visitors must report to the concierge desk at the main hospital reception, where they will be temperature checked, screened for international and interstate travel and provided hand sanitiser. We are maintaining a traceable register of all people passing through this point.
- Unless providing direct patient care, all staff will observe the physical distancing rule of a 4 square metre perimeter distance at gathering points.
- Visitors for maternity patients are restricted to one nominated support person.
- Visitors for patients in Steele Ward are restricted to one nominated support person.
- Visitors for theatre/gastro patients are restricted to one nominated support person, who must wait off premises during procedure.
- Visitors for aged care residents will be restricted to one visitor at a time, with visits to take place in residents’ rooms, rather than common areas. Commencing Friday, 27 March 2020 visiting hours will be introduced between the hours of 11am-1pm and 4pm-6pm. Visitors will need to enter via the Campbell Wing side entrance, sign in, use hand sanitiser and must wait to speak with a staff member. No visitors will be permitted to visit a resident until they have spoken with a nurse on duty.
- All meetings of any external groups who are not critical for business requirements will no longer be able to meet on site.
- The kiosk is now take away only.