A new State Government Emergency Management (Public Activities No. 16) (COVID-19) Directions 2020 with new instructions for health care facilities and an updated Safe Plan for the NECH have been released effective from 14 December 2020.
Concierge at the main hospital entrance will remain in place until Tuesday 22nd December 2020. From 7am on 23 December 2020, a Self-Check Station will replace the Concierge and all visitors and staff be required to sign in or perform the QR phone scan.
Restrictions to visitors in the wards will be as follows:
- Maternity – Two nominated support persons and any siblings of the infant
- Steele – Two nominated support persons
- Theatre/Gastro – One nominated support person only – must wait off premises or at main reception area downstairs while patient having procedure.
Masks and physical distancing
- Masks in health settings will remain mandatory until midnight Tuesday 22nd December 2020
- Patients are not required to wear a mask in their room
- Physical distancing in hospital has been changed to 1 person per 2 square metres/1.5 metres.
Effective from 23 December 2020, all meetings will resume face-to-face following the expected 1 person to 2 square metre rule.
From Monday, 14 December 2020, the Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities No 16) (COVID-19) Direction 2020 will be revoked and replaced by the Emergency Management (Residential Aged Care Facilities No 17) (COVID-19) Direction 2020. Based on the new direction and our risk assessment, changes will include:
Until 23 December 2020, face masks (covering mouth and nose) must continue to be worn by all persons over the age of 12 visiting or working in an aged care home, whenever they are in the physical presence of others. Residents are not required to wear a mask. Masks will no longer be required to be worn from 23 December 2020.
- We will revert back to two visiting times per day: 11:00am-1:00pm and 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Concierge screening requirements will not change for the aged care home.
- There will be no cap on the number of visitors per day during visiting times, however there can only be two visitors in a resident’s room at any time.
- Visiting arrangements for residents undergoing end-of-life care/palliative care will be accommodated in consultation with the Clinical Manager.
- From 14 December 2020 external outings/social gatherings will recommence.
- At this stage, approval will be given (using the request form process) for visits to private residences and not public spaces such as cafes, restaurants, shopping malls.
- This will be reviewed again on 21 December 2020 in-line with COVID-19 transmission rates and community involvement.