The cafe is currently closed due to COVID-19.
Entertainment Books are a great way to save money at fine restaurants, casual cafes, hotels and bistros around Adelaide while helping our fundraising efforts. The books also include vouchers for movies, sports & entertainment and savings on accommodation. The Entertainment Books are available at www.entertainmentbook.com.au/orderbooks/160n889
Donating directly to the North Eastern Community Hospital and Nursing Home is the most effective way to support the Hospital and Nursing Home. Donations in excess of $2.00 are fully tax deductible. We recognise major gifts/donations by naming equipment, rooms or other items within the hospital and nursing home or by giving recognition on a notice board.
Volunteering at NECH
As a not-for-profit community owned private hospital and aged care facility, the North Eastern Community Hospital’s (NECH) unique brand of compassionate and excellent healthcare has always had volunteering as a key component.
Our friendly and welcoming team of some 50 volunteers generously donate thousands of hours each year to provide wonderful support, comfort and assistance to patients, residents, their families and visitors.
Roles of Volunteers
The NECH volunteer program operates across both the hospital and aged care facility to provide valuable services across areas such as:
- tending to patient, resident and visitor information requests
- escorting patients through the admissions process and to their rooms
- undertaking clerical duties such as collating patient charts and filing forms
- looking after flower arrangements across the public areas and ensuring that patients’ and residents’ flowers are kept fresh
- taking aged care residents on outings and assisting them with crafts and other activities
What you need to do
Applications to Volunteer are available at Hospital Reception or can be downloaded under Forms on this website. Once completed, please return to the Hospital indicating your area of interest. All volunteers are required to have a current Police Clearance and Working With Children Check. Once we have received your application, we will arrange a meeting to discuss your availability and preferred area to volunteer. Following this we will provide an orientation and induction program, along with training relevant to the area in which you volunteer.
What you’ll get in return
It is often said that with volunteering, you gain more than you give and this is certainly true of NECH, where our volunteers:
- meet new people and enjoy social interaction
- put your existing skills to good work or develop new ones
- gain great experience
- feel a sense of joy, pride and accomplishment that comes from helping others and making a positive difference
- gain a perspective that leaves you feeling thankful and grateful for what you have
We also host regular events to thank our volunteers and enjoy a little social time together.
If you would like to be a part of our volunteer team or simply seek more information about volunteering at North Eastern Community Hospital, please contact us.
Ph: (08) 8366 8111 – eMail: email@example.com